December 2, 2010

Laughin' and Clownin'


I felt for my first post, it was appropriate to reveal the source of the title for this blog—Laughin’ and Clownin.’ I lifted the title from a Sam Cooke song of the same name off his incredible 1963 album Night Beat. I decided to borrow a title for the blog because this site is not about exhibiting my work; I wanted to create a place where someone can come discover something new. Be it music, movies, news or anything else that could possibly pop up on here. I plan on having a few regular categories starting with the inaugural post being in the Song of the Day category.

As far as the choice of this title, I have always felt that the old saying, “laughter is the best medicine” rings eerily true sometimes. When I find myself laughing at a movie or a joke or a photo I recognize that although it may be brief, I had just felt infinitely better. So when feeling down, follow what Cooke said, "I’m laughin’ and clownin’ just to keep from cryin.’"

“Laughin’ and Clownin’” from Night Beat by Sam Cooke

No comments:

Post a Comment